VoiceThread is an excellent web-based tool for your students to hold discussions and display their thinking and if schools choose share it with the world. This is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos. Viewers can navigate through the slides and comments left by others the same as you do with a video player application.
Comments can be left in 5 formats:
- Voice (via mic or telephone)
- Audio file (ex: mp3 - use Garageband or Audacity)
- video (via web cam or recorded through Photobooth- (Mac app) )
Other wonderful features:
- Users can doodle while presenting or commenting.
- Students can upload their actual photo or avatars
- Teachers can moderate comments
VoiceThread projects can be:
This application is not just for students, teachers use this tool as well for collaborations, mentoring, and facilitating staff developments.
- embedded and automatically refresh as new comments are added.
- exported to MP3 players or DVDs to play as stand alone video
Are you ready to try VoiceThread with your students and co-workers to enhance your learning environment?
Photo Credit: freedigitalphotos.net