As I work with assisting teachers with their Balanced Literacy programs, I have run across so many wonderful teacher ideas and classroom management routines. I will periodically begin posting their ideas and links to their sites for you to visit.
Teaching is such a WONDERFUL Collaborative Environment, where we all LOVE to share as we all work on improving our teaching practices and supporting other teachers.
Here are some of the Literacy Cafe resources I located this week:
1. A Literacy Cafe classroom poster that I found weeks ago and took a screenshot.
(SEE at the bottom of this post. Sorry I cannot remember where I found this photo.)
2. Literacy Cafe Video: How to Use CAFÉ: Involving Students in Building Essential Reading Skills by The Balanced Literacy Diet
3. Blog: Lesson with Laughter - Molly Maloy
This blog displays a very comprehensive way to develop a student literacy portfolios.
4. Need Bulletin Board Headings?
thedailycafe.com site provides FREE heading posters for you to download, along with many other liteacy teacher resources.
5. Literacy Cafe Documents for Teacher Reference and Instruction
a) Titled: The Literacy Cafe Menu
by The CAFE Book: Engaging All Students in Daily Literacy Assessment and Instruction by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser, " The Sisters."
b) Titled: CAFE Transition Menu by Karen Sekeres
(Beverly Hills Unified School District)
c) Titled: Stanima Graphs for Reading & Writing
by by Karen Sekeres (Beverly Hills Unified School District)
|Literacy Cafe Classroom Posters for a Bulletin Board|